Welcome to 2020, it’s going to be a wonderful year with tons of laughter, relaxation, and new friendships – especially at Cupsaw Lake.
As the new President, I look forward to building on the CLIA board’s successes and look to continue to keep Cupsaw Lake the best lake organization in Ringwood.
The CLIA board and committees meet regularly and work to make our organization better than it was the year before. For example, in 2019, a committee was formed to revitalize the basketball court area. While the financial details are still being considered, the committee hopes to include bocce and pickleball in the upgrade.The commercial stove in our clubhouse has been worked to the bone for many years and plans are underway for its replacement. The Dam Committee, reacting to the state inspection, is looking for affordable ways to make repairs to the wall on the east side of the dam, as well as applying for a grant to allow us to make improvements to the dam valve. The improvement to the valve will make lowering the lake safer and easier. Additionally, the Environmental Committee (EC) works relentlessly to stay ahead of the environmental factors that contribute to the health of the lake. A large portion of our budget goes to keeping the lake clean and safe for the enjoyment of our members.
But, Cupsaw Lake isn’t just about committees, improvements or repairs. Our numerous sub-groups and clubs are dedicated to creating new activities and events that will keep everyone busy throughout the year.
- Can you eat an Oreo without any hands? Test yourself at Cuspaw Weekend, supported by Beach Club and Social Committee.
- Like live music? Come rock with Rubix Cube at the clubhouse! Supported by the Social Committee.
- Men’s AA supports kids’ basketball, rookie ball or soccer, and offers an annual fishing derby. Or, take a yoga class, play board games and Bunco, or participate in bocce for seniors – supported by Women’s AA.
More club details can be found here on our website, or reach out through our Cupsaw Lake (CLIA) Facebook page.
Cupsaw Lake has so much to offer, it may be hard to remember that the lake is 100% volunteer run. If you have a skill, an interest or would like to lend a hand, please include the information with your 2020 CLIA dues payment. Or, reach out to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Lastly, I would like to thank Peter Martin for his years of service to the Cupsaw Lake. Peter has served as CLIA President for the past two years and served as our Treasurer prior to that. He gave hundreds of hours of his time to our association, improving many aspects of Cupsaw Lake. Please join me in thanking Peter for his dedication and devotion to Cupsaw Lake.
I hope you are looking forward to the upcoming seasons at “The Lake” as much as I am.
Happy New Year.
ENTER: Email entry to Jenn Bozan firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug 29
BRING: Crock-Pot to the clubhouse by 4:30pm on Aug 30
LABEL: Back of your Crock-Pot with the chef’s name and some details: meat/meatless/vegetarian/mild/spicy-as-all-get-out
EARN: Bragging rights for the entire year
Please use a Crock-Pot liner. If you need one, there will be liners available in the clubhouse kitchen on Wednesday, Aug 28.
Last year we had over 20 entries. Let’s see if we can top that!
Just send email to email@example.com to enter.
Order your t-shirts by Friday, July 26!
Questions? Email Krissy Donohue firstname.lastname@example.org
Lake Swim Requirements
1. All Swimmers, adult or child, must have their own boater for the entire swim.
2. All boaters for the adult swim must be 13 years of age or older.
3. All boaters for the kid’s swim must be 18 years of age or older, or be lifeguard certified.
4. If you do not have a boater, please ask around, check the boater volunteer sheet at the lake, or contact Triciasiegel31@gmail.com.
5. All swimmers 13 and under must pass a swim test to the buoy.
- Kids who take morning swim lessons will take the buoy test in class. If your child misses the buoy swim or is not in morning lessons, they must attend a testing time. Please ask your child if they have passed the test.
- To sign up for the buoy swim, please email Katherine email@example.com. Swim test times outside of morning lessons are as follows:
- Saturday July 27th, 9:30am
- Monday July 29th, 5:00pm
- Thursday August 1st, 5:00pm