Welcome to 2020, it’s going to be a wonderful year with tons of laughter, relaxation, and new friendships – especially at Cupsaw Lake.
As the new President, I look forward to building on the CLIA board’s successes and look to continue to keep Cupsaw Lake the best lake organization in Ringwood.
The CLIA board and committees meet regularly and work to make our organization better than it was the year before. For example, in 2019, a committee was formed to revitalize the basketball court area. While the financial details are still being considered, the committee hopes to include bocce and pickleball in the upgrade.The commercial stove in our clubhouse has been worked to the bone for many years and plans are underway for its replacement. The Dam Committee, reacting to the state inspection, is looking for affordable ways to make repairs to the wall on the east side of the dam, as well as applying for a grant to allow us to make improvements to the dam valve. The improvement to the valve will make lowering the lake safer and easier. Additionally, the Environmental Committee (EC) works relentlessly to stay ahead of the environmental factors that contribute to the health of the lake. A large portion of our budget goes to keeping the lake clean and safe for the enjoyment of our members.
But, Cupsaw Lake isn’t just about committees, improvements or repairs. Our numerous sub-groups and clubs are dedicated to creating new activities and events that will keep everyone busy throughout the year.
- Can you eat an Oreo without any hands? Test yourself at Cuspaw Weekend, supported by Beach Club and Social Committee.
- Like live music? Come rock with Rubix Cube at the clubhouse! Supported by the Social Committee.
- Men’s AA supports kids’ basketball, rookie ball or soccer, and offers an annual fishing derby. Or, take a yoga class, play board games and Bunco, or participate in bocce for seniors – supported by Women’s AA.
More club details can be found here on our website, or reach out through our Cupsaw Lake (CLIA) Facebook page.
Cupsaw Lake has so much to offer, it may be hard to remember that the lake is 100% volunteer run. If you have a skill, an interest or would like to lend a hand, please include the information with your 2020 CLIA dues payment. Or, reach out to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Lastly, I would like to thank Peter Martin for his years of service to the Cupsaw Lake. Peter has served as CLIA President for the past two years and served as our Treasurer prior to that. He gave hundreds of hours of his time to our association, improving many aspects of Cupsaw Lake. Please join me in thanking Peter for his dedication and devotion to Cupsaw Lake.
I hope you are looking forward to the upcoming seasons at “The Lake” as much as I am.
Happy New Year.
Thank you to our generous sponsors for helping make this year’s race a success.
|AC Marmo & Sons|
|Advanced Crane Service|
|Ringwood Family Dental|
|Aquatic Art Unlimited||Karen Adatto, Coldwell Banker|
|Charles & Eileen Manley||Maggie’s|
|CLC Landscape Design||Precision Logistics|
|Cupsaw Market||Ringwood Democratic Organization|
|Donnelly Construction||Ringwood Regular Republican Club|
|Edward Martin, ESQ||Skylands Learning Center|
|Health & Wellness Partners||Skyline Family Eyecare|
|Ringwood PBA Local 247|
|Dairy Queen of Ringwood||Ringwood Animal Hospital|
|Home Field Advantage||Robert Cella, Allstate|
Saturday, November 9
Open to the public
Visit our curated selection of talented local artists:
- Acorn Hill Studio – Goldsmith
- Brownies & Ginger – Soaps and candles
- Bubala’s Gourmet Spreads – All-natural foods
- BubbleBella – Soaps and scrubs
- Cupsaw Lake Apparel – Cupsaw logoed clothing
- Dragons Denn – Stones and crystals
- Honeybee Metals – Jewelry
- JanetR Manning – Toys
- Janice O’Connor – Worded goods
- Lindsay Walker – Artist
- Lois Perfetto – Papercrafts and crocheted items
- Lulyas Doll Creations – Doll clothing and accessories
- Muccillo Studios – Ceramics
- Nine Birds – Jewelry
- Nodoko Woodcrafts – Handmade items
- PJ May Linsey – Photographer
- Pottery by Angela – Handmade Pottery
- Puzzle Farms – Foods and honey-making demonstrations
- ValKenPens – Woodcrafted pens
- Wishes Forever – Gift baskets, baby items
- WJH Chainsaw Carving & Woodwork – Wood carving and signs
- You Got It Mad & Made by Tomomi – Clothing and accessories
7:30 a.m. – Registration: 5K at Cupsaw Lake Clubhouse
8:30 a.m. – Kids’ 1 Mile
9:00 a.m. – Kids’ Sprints
9:30 a.m. – 5K Run / Walk
Registration is open!
Great yearly event with fun Halloween themed Race Tech Shirt guaranteed for all pre-registrants. Kid’s 1 mile Monster Dash and Spooky Sprints also. Shirts are guaranteed to all 5K runners who register before October 15, 2019.
Event is sanctioned and course is certified by USATF.