The CLAA scholarship program is open to all dependents of CLIA members in good standing and is offered to seniors or high school graduates who are actively pursuing a program in an accredited school.
Application Deadline: April 23, 2021
Cupsaw Lake Beach Club Executive Board is now accepting nominations for 2021 for the following positions:
- Vice President
- Corresponding Secretary
- Recording Secretary
Email your nomination to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations will be accepted through December 11, 2020.
The Executive Board position vote will occur online on December 12.
Open Beach Club Executive Board Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage volunteers for Fab Fridays as well as oversee all summer jobs.
- Manage coordinators and chairs by overseeing roles and responsibilities for both adult and child events
- Manage the end of summer events including getting DJ and cake for the award ceremony
- Work with the summer program director, head guard, and the chairperson of Cupsaw Weekend to ensure schedules, volunteers, and supplies are in order prior to and during Cupsaw Weekend.
- In the event of the absence of the President, the Vice-President shall preside at all general meetings and at all executive board meetings.
- Design and send weekly blasts throughout the entire summer program; as needed throughout the rest of the year
- Ensure Facebook is up to date including Facebook events
- Maintain active database
- Coordinate with sign chairpeople (2) to ensure events are up to date
- Send events and pertinent information to CLIA Secretary for blast
- Master Calendar
- Create counselor application through Google form
- Compile applications and make spreadsheet
- Ensure interview questions are printed and coordinate interview session
- Send reminders for upcoming meetings
- Create and send/post flyers for all events
- Respond to emails pertaining to meetings and general questions about events
- Attend all BC sponsored events
- Attend all meetings, take minutes and record actions
- Distribute minutes after all meetings
- Maintain minutes and notes
- Manage Community Pass
- Plan swim, diving, arts & crafts, and sports schedule
- Work with Summer Program Director to assign counselors to each lesson
- Ensure information for Counselor binders is up to date on shared drive
- Schedule email with child’s schedule to be sent
- Respond to emails pertaining to summer schedule
- Assign kids to lesson times
- Be visible leadership during Cupsaw Weekend
- Create volunteer list for each event from CP to be sent to chairperson and Board Member liaison AT LEAST one month prior to event
- Work with Board Member liaison to ensure chairperson contacts volunteers to let them know expectations AT LEAST one month prior to event
- Create & send out survey within 24 hours of event- collect responses within a week
- Attend all meetings, general and executive
- Work with VP to maintain list of liaisons for committees
We are celebrating our 76th year this weekend We know how much Cupsaw Lake means to you and how special Cupsaw Weekend is for everyone. With the pandemic still in full swing, we did our best to bring some of that ‘specialness’ while ensuring we can enjoy it socially-distanced.
Pre-registration Required for All Activities!
Cupsaw Celebration will kick of Saturday morning with:
9:30 Adult Swim
12:30 Free Throw
2:00 3vs3 Adult Volleyball
Then, continues on Sunday with:
12:00 3vs3 High School Volleyball
2:00 Sailing Regatta
Everything has rules. Please read them all.
All Social Distancing rules apply
Only current CLIA members may participate
No trophies or medals will be handed out
Members must stay 6 feet apart or wear a mask
No food will be served Saturday or Sunday
Preregistration required – BY FRIDAY @ 5:00pm
If you are not signed up online, you will not be able to participate, no exceptions!
All Swimmers need a one to one boater
Starting times will be staggered to allow social distancing
Swimmers waiting to start will be spaced out on the bridge and the grass while waiting
No food (watermelon), no awards
Boaters must have a mask with them in case they need it
The number of boaters will be limited in each heat
Distance will differ depending on age
If needed, kids will have time slots to go to the courts to maintain distancing
There will be waiting spots marked off 6 feet apart on the courts
All four rims will be used to limit the waiting time and to allow social distancing
No spectators on the courts or gathering by the fence
3v3 Volleyball Tournament (Adults and Teens separate)
Single elimination Format
Limit games to Rally Scoring to 11
No Guests on the teams, only Cupsaw members
Draw the seeding from a hat
No spectators on the courts or by the fences
No breakfast after
Five throws, closest to the pallino wins
No spectators watching. Please throw and then leave the area
Equipment will be wiped down
Fab Friday, July 24 – Empanadas
Meal includes 2 empanadas, rice and fried plantains – $8.00.
Choose from beef, chicken or cheese
Add on an additional empanada to your meal for only $1.00!
Pre-order and pre-pay by 4:00 pm on Wednesday, July 22.
Check: Sharon’s mailbox at 96 Carletondale Road
If payment is not received by specified time, your order will not be placed.
Everything will be prepared by our empanada vendor and packaged by Beach Club volunteers.
We’re looking for volunteers to help this Fab Friday,